The Rights Reporter Foundation and Harm Reduction International, with the support of Elton John AIDS Foundation, welcomes entries to the Film Festival at the 27th Harm Reduction International Conference!
The Film Festival will provide an opportunity for participants to watch and discuss thought-provoking films about harm reduction and drug policies produced by film makers and activists from all over the world.
The 27th Harm Reduction International Conference will take place in Melbourne, between 16-19 April, 2023.
We are now accepting submissions to the Festival!
The deadline for applications is 3 April 2023 (0:00 am CET).
Rules of application:
- No entry fee for applications
- The movie should have English subtitles (or be in English language)
- Entry forms must be completed in English
- Production dates must be between April 2019 and April 2023
- A separate application must be made for each film
- Films that have already been presented at other festivals or published online ARE eligible
The best films will be selected for screening by reviewers, based on the following criteria:
- The film’s message shall promote the philosophy and practice of harm reduction
- The film shall exhibit sensitivity to the human rights of people who use drugs
- The quality of the movie
- The creativity of the production
The Film Festival team includes activists working for the Budapest-based Rights Reporter Foundation and its drug policy website, Drugreporter.